We’re looking for a part-time Marketing Manager to join us in the Hoxton office and remotely. This job is ideal for someone who has experience in a senior marketing capacity and an established network in the industry. If you’ve worked predominantly in the arts and culture sector and want to support the expansion of a growing marketing team, we’d love to hear from you.
Salary range £30,000 to £40,000 pro rata depending on experience.
HdK is an agency that, for over 18 years, has provided website and marketing services to arts, cultural and non-profit organisations. We’re looking for a part-time Marketing Manager to join us in our Hoxton, London office and remotely.
This job is ideal for someone who has experience in a senior marketing capacity, who has worked predominantly in the arts and culture sector and wants to support the expansion of a growing marketing team. We are looking to double the team in 2022 and you will have the opportunity to influence the next stage of the company’s development to help meet the company’s aims and ambitions.
Highlights of the job include working with a variety of prestigious arts, cultural and non-profit organisations, developing creative marketing strategies and campaigns, and implementing effective systems and processes to optimise the efficiency and impact of the team.
You will be supported by the Director, and work with the Marketing Client Lead, Digital Marketing Assistant and temporary Interns to develop and implement marketing strategies for clients, oversee the delivery of campaigns and optimise performance through effective reporting. You will also implement HdK’s own marketing strategy and support the Client Relationship Manager in creating proposals for prospective marketing clients.
This job is ideal for someone who wants to consolidate their experience in senior marketing positions to lead a growing marketing team. We develop strategies, deliver social media campaigns and consultation, create written and visual content both in-house and with the help of freelancers, run digital ad campaigns and email marketing campaigns and deliver periodic reports. We also manage websites for our clients, making updates that don’t require the time of a developer.
Primary responsibilities include developing and overseeing the implementation of client marketing strategies, including optimising processes and ensuring the marketing team are best equipped to deliver them – with creative content strands, target audiences, brand voice outlines, effective social media calendars, and so on. You will lead marketing team meetings, which include a weekly campaign meeting to check in on all client accounts and a weekly marketing meeting to check in on HdK’s own marketing activity.
You will also develop and implement HdK’s own marketing strategy, spanning website, social media, email marketing, advertising, partnerships and webinars. The Client Relationship Manager will also have input to this, ensuring that HdK’s marketing is optimised to generate new business leads.
Other responsibilities will include rolling out marketing campaigns if required, such as writing and scheduling social media content, managing advertising campaigns and building and sending e-newsletters. You will be required to take a strategic approach to continually develop HdK’s digital marketing offering to facilitate the organisation’s bigger picture goals, while supporting the digital marketing team on day to day delivery. You will be required to manage multiple projects at any one time, so you’ll need to be organised and happy balancing competing priorities under pressure. This will all contribute to an effective marketing team delivering client projects and strong marketing presence for HdK.
- Set and implement the marketing strategy for HdK
- Manage the Digital Marketing Client Lead and support the Client Lead who line-manages the Digital Marketing Assistant and Digital Marketing Intern
- Oversee the creation of client marketing strategies and campaigns, including a variety of marketing channels:
- Social media – primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Advertising – primarily through Facebook Ads Manager and Google Ads
- Email marketing – we use Mailchimp
- Print and distribution
- Oversee the planning of social media calendars for a range of clients
- Monitor campaign targets through analysing results and insights, overseeing the delivery of periodic client reports
- Optimise HdK’s digital marketing processes and systems
- Proofread and feed back on marketing copy and creative
- Handle sensitive information through processing client and supplier invoices
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Generate content for HdK blog and website and implement SEO best practices
- Support the Client Relationship Manager in generating new business leads through email, telephone and face-to-face meetings, and through contributing to proposals
The job will be suitable for someone who can demonstrate that they have:
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing for an organisation or agency
- Experience managing others
- Experience implementing marketing strategies in-house or at agency
- An excellent grasp of social media, online and marketing trends, and new technology
- Experience providing reports to clients
- A demonstrable interest in arts and culture
- Experience growing a marketing team
- Experience working with creative freelancers to commission content
- Experience in developing print marketing materials and organising distribution
- Experience coordinating photo and video shoots
- Experience using email marketing software such as Mailchimp
- Experience analysing website traffic through Google Analytics
- Experience with CMS systems (e.g.WordPress) and basic understanding of html
- Experience using social media platforms for digital marketing, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Experience using digital advertising platforms like Google Ads and, Facebook Ads Manager
MAIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The post is offered as a part time post – ideally 3 days a week.
£30,000 – £40,000 based on experience (pro rata).
Statutory holiday allowance (20 days plus Bank Holidays pro rata) increases each year employed for first five years. Pension contributions, laptop loan, individual training budget.
- Attractive studio in lively and creative Hoxton, a short walk from Brick Lane and Shoreditch High Street
- Creative work environment and culture
- Support from talented and hardworking team members
- Close-knit and friendly team, always up for out of work socials
- Nurturing company culture providing professional support and development
- Other employees at HdK have gone on to take successful positions at The Tate, Royal Opera House or for well-known vlogging agency Gleam Futures
- Quarterly or more organised team social events
- Extra day holiday for every year you work at HdK
- Monthly book allowance £120pa
- Annual training allowance of £300pa
- Arts Marketing Association membership
- Opportunity to attend industry in person training events
- Invites to client events and performances
We are based next to Hoxton Hall, an old Victorian theatre on Hoxton Street. This is a vibrant area near Shoreditch and Old Street. 128 Hoxton Street, London, N1 6SH.
We currently operate a hybrid workplace with team members required to be in the office a minimum of two days a week.