This new role is ideal for someone who is interested in working with websites for clients who are predominantly in the arts sector across theatre, dance, music organisations, creative artists and artist management as well as other not for profit organisations and occasional commercial companies.
Responsibilities include co-ordinating with our developers the creation of new websites and improvements to existing websites on budget and on time. You will follow existing systems and processes and support on creating new ones to guarantee quality assurance across the company.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate a creative and resourceful mind for solving any client problem, who has a naturally inquisitive technical mind and can contribute to a positive and supportive working environment.
You will be helping some of the best arts and culture organisations in the country and abroad reach audiences and deliver artistic content online through their website. You will be shaping clients’ ideas into reality through digital projects such as building websites, livestreaming, integrating e-commerce and customer relationship management tools.
The job involves attending meetings and liaising with our clients and our talented designers and developers via phone, video conferencing and email, so a can-do, friendly attitude is essential.
You’ll need to be organised and happy managing multiple priorities under pressure. We are a small but growing team, so you may be introduced to other areas of the business for collaboration and support. This makes for a supportive team-working environment and a seamless service to our clients.
A typical day will include working on various websites and with different clients, responding to issues and planning future projects. You will support the Account Manager and Project Manager, and other team members with co-ordinating and testing web projects.
The Website Project Co-ordinator will help HdK in building more sustainable digital projects, as well as ensuring we continue to deliver excellent work that is accessible to all users.
This is a varied role with lots of scope to learn new skills, make good contacts and get creative!
- Liaise with in house team to assist in timely delivery of projects
- Support with the management of new websites and projects
- Develop new skills such as user journeys, sitemapping and wireframing
- Help train and support clients to use their WordPress website as required
- Help maintain website security by following and evolving our systems
- Maintain existing workflow systems
- Attend meetings and briefings with clients and peers, including taking notes and minutes
- Handle tight deadlines with a cool head
- Create content surrounding the web team’s area of expertise and deliver occasional webinars and content for the website to support existing clients and potential new clients
- Support the team to write proposals and client reports
We will be looking for evidence that you have many of the following:
- Evidence of a natural technical understanding
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Taking the initiative to understand and look into problems and solutions
- Ability to multitask and manage different priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Any previous experience or understanding with web development is preferable, but not essential
MAIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The post is offered as a full-time post.
£18,525 to £24,000 based on experience (pro rata)
Statutory holiday allowance (20 days plus Bank Holidays pro rata) increases each year employed for first five years.
- Attractive studio in lively and creative Hoxton, a short walk from Brick Lane and Shoreditch High Street
- Creative work environment and culture
- Support from talented and hardworking team members
- Close-knit and friendly team, always up for out of work socials
- Nurturing company culture providing professional support and development
- Other employees at HdK have gone on to take successful positions at The Tate, Royal Opera House or for well-known vlogging agency Gleam Futures
- Quarterly or more organised team social events
- Extra day holiday for every year you work at HdK
- Monthly book allowance £120pa
- Annual training allowance of £300pa
- Arts Marketing Association membership
- Opportunity to attend industry in person training events
- Invites to client events and performances
We are based next to Hoxton Hall, an old Victorian theatre on Hoxton Street. This is a vibrant area near Shoreditch and Old Street. 128 Hoxton Street, London, N1 6SH.
We currently operate a hybrid workplace with team members required to be in the office a minimum of two days a week.